12.06.2006

A flow of poetry

In my opinion, the greatest things about the messages I receive on MySpace is the fact that most of the people who send them are almost completely illiterate. Of course, some people probably have English as their second language, but others simply prefer using "u" instead of "you" and replace numbers with actual words, because they think they r a qt.

Subject: hi
Body: Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.
Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.
Just walk beside me and be my friend.--

and id love to know u my lady


I'll be honest. When I first opened up this message, I was impressed by the fact that this guy knew when to capitalize letters, and that he seemed literate. Then I read the terrible Albert Camus quote and the last line and realized that Joe was just like all the MySpace Weirdos before him.

I think what gets me the most about these guys is the familiarity they use. Hey. Guess what, Joe? You don't know me. I am not your lady. When you say "my lady", it's not endearing, it's not cute, and it does not warm my heart. Using a "cute" quote from Camus will not make you seem more attractive. And when I click on your profile and see who you'd like to meet I'm even more turned off (for those interested: girl love to have fun open mided free cute and sexy , love to go wild sometimes and over all stylish and know what to wear coz im a fashion fanner i konw how to but the colours together thats all my lady).

Look. I'm not an uber feminist. All I'm saying is to just use your brains instead of your penises every once in awhile. Not every woman on MySpace is out to find a man, not every woman out in the street is looking for someone to hit on them and for god's sake, if you really do want to ask a girl out, have some class. It's not just Joe, it's a culmination of all the weird and strange messages I (and I'm sure many other's) have received.

And, for the love of everyone, never use a Camus quote when trying to woo. That's just bizarre.

No comments: